1.Increase intake of high fibres in your diet.
2.Include vegetales like beans, brocolli, spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables.
3.Include fruits , especially red fruits like Cranberry, Cherries,Apples, Strawberries etc.
4.Include skimmed milk, yogurt.
5.Take nuts like almonds, walnuts, pistachios etc.
6. Take 3 to 4 litres water per day.
7.Exercise regularly at least 30 minutes per day.
1.Don’t skip meals.
2. Avoid sweets.
3. Avoid sugary items, canned juices, preserved foods and juices.
4. Avoid bakery products – pastries, cakes, pasta, white bread etc.
5. Avoid deep fried items.
6. Avoid high carbohydrates in meals.
A fibroid is a benign tumor of the uterus. It can grow in and around the uterus.
- Long and excessive bleeding during menstrual periods
- Pelvic pain or pressure
- Swollen abdomen
- Frequent urination
Fibroids can also cause fertility and pregnancy problems, depending on their size and location.
Treatment of Fibroid
- Hormone therapy: It helps shrink fibroids. Side effects of medications involve headaches and hot flashes.
- Uterine embolization: This procedure stops the blood supply to the fibroid, causing it to shrink and die.
- Birth control pills: They help control heavy periods.
- Intrauterine devices: They release hormones to help reduce heavy bleeding and pain.
- Reducing the level of estrogen in the body: Naturally occurring estrogen is stored in and manufactured by fat cells. Therefore, maintaining a healthy weight can decrease the amount of estrogen in the body.
- Warm fomentation: Warm bath or using a heating pad or hot water bottle on the abdomen and gentle massage helps relieve congestion.
- Pain relievers: They relieve the cramps or pain.
Role of Homeopathy in the Treatment of Fibroid
Homeopathy is one of the best alternative systems of medicine dealing with female complaints both acute and chronic. This system of medicine believes in the holistic concept (i.e., treating the individual as a whole). As the development of fibroid is a chronic process which occurs over a period of time, its cure is also gradual. The scope of homeopathy is good in the treatment of fibroid. The patient’s entire history is taken into consideration, which includes the chief complaint, associated complaint, mental state, previous history of any illness, menstrual history, obstetric history, physical generals, investigations, etc.
Based on this case history, a homeopathic similimum is selected.This homeopathic similimum stimulates the vital force, thereby improving the vitality of the patient. Once the vitality is regained, the body restores itself to health. Also, homeopathic medicines stop the progression of the disease along with the removal of signs and symptoms. Homeopathic medicines regulate the hormonal imbalance, which further helps to reduce the size of the fibroid.Nowadays, it is preferred over modern medicine to avoid side effects of oral contraceptive pills.
Also, it is of great help to patients who want to conceive, as there is no surgical interference done. So, homeopathy can come as a blessing in disguise for such patients. Homeopathic medicines help manage the symptoms of uterine fibroids as well as dissolve them. The time taken for cure depends on the size of the fibroid and intensity of symptoms.Important remedies in homeopathy used for treating fibroids are namely, Thalaspi Bursa Pastoris, Belladonna, Sepia Officinalis, Ustilago Maydis, Erigeron Canadensis, etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD), also known as polycystic ovary syndrome, is a common hormonal disorder, which occurs in women of reproductive age between 18 and 44 years. Patients with PCOD are seen to have multiple cysts in the ovary. These cysts cause excessive production of hormones called androgens by the ovaries and the adrenal glands. Androgens are the male hormones. They are present in small quantities in healthy females. Due to androgen overproduction, the ovarian follicles fail to mature and can cause a disturbance in menstrual periods.
- Few, irregular, or absent menstrual periods
- Hirsutism (excessive hair growth) and androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) due to elevated androgens (testosterone)
- Acne associated with oily skin
- Mood swings, bloating
- Lack of ovulation causing infertility
Role of Homeopathy in PCOD
Compared with other alternative medical therapies, homeopathy has shown better efficacy in the management of PCOD. Homeopathic treatment of PCOD involves analysis of the chief complaints, evaluation of the root cause, and provision of homeopathic medicines, which help the therapeutic process. Homeopathy believes that chronic diseases, such as PCOD, are not precipitated by an external cause. In fact, such diseases manifest when the immunity or internal vitality of the body is deranged, thereby making it difficult for the body to heal itself. Homeopathy tries to restore the vitality of the body by the provision of a stimulus in the form of a small dose. Once the vitality regains its original balance, the body can nurse itself back to health without any external aid. However, along with the homeopathic medicine, patients also need to maintain their diet, do regular exercise, and sleep well.
The homeopathic approach toward the management of PCOD is holistic and individualistic, which takes into account the patient’s physical symptoms along with the mental and genetic makeup. Rapid progression of the disease can be halted with homeopathy, thereby evoking a feeling of general wellbeing. The homeopathic constitutional treatment is seen to reduce the hyperactivity of the glands, regulate the hormonal imbalance, and dissolve the cysts in the ovaries. Thus, homeopathy helps in the regularization of the menstrual cycle, which eliminates the need for hormone therapies and surgery, thereby increasing the chances of conception. Homeopathic medicines are safe and have no known side effects. Homeopathy does not target the cysts caused by PCOD, but the actual cause which is responsible for triggering the hormonal imbalance. Thus, homeopathy is an individualistic and holistic branch of medicine with good results in cases of PCOD. Natrum Mur, Pulsatilla, and Sepia are few of the known effective medications for PCOD in homeopathy.
Self care with homeopathy during pregnancy could be rewarding. A correctly chosen homeopathic medicine can work efficiently to relieve discomfort and help the body to heal itself without any side effects.
Pregnancy is an interesting and absorbing time for most women and can also involve a great deal of stress. Many emotional, hormonal and physical changes take place as baby grows inside the womb.
Homeopathy during pregnancy is safe for your growing baby because only a minute amount of medicine is used in preparation of medicines.
Homeopathy is safe even before conception, during pregnancy and even during breast feeding.
Common Ailments during pregnancy and its treatment:
- Morning Sickness – Colchicum, Sepia, Symphoric Carpus Pacemosa.
- Vomitting – Ipecac, Nux Vomica
- Constipation -Nux Vomica
- Cough – Chamomilla,Causticum/ Conium
- Backache – Kai carb, Aesculus
- Piles – Hamamelis 30, Aesculus
During Labour –
1.Caulophyllum200 for difficult labour where cervix is slow to dilate and pains are strong but ineffective.
2.Pulsatilla – where contactions are irregular and weak, cervix is slow to dilate. Puls 1M is effective in inducing labour.
3. Gelsemium – Rigid os
4. Post Partum Hmg – Arnica 200
But, one should always consult your physician before taking any medicines.
DO’S AND DONT’S DURING PREGNANCY:-
- Take folic acid daily dose at least 3 months prior to conception.
- Once you conceive, talk to your doctor.
- Have your first ultrasound for foetal well being done (6-8 weeks) followed by blood tests.
- You should know your blood group (both partners).
- Nausea and vomitting are common during first three months.
- Avoid travelling in 1st and 3rd trimester.
- Middle trimester is safe for travelling especially on Railway route.
- Maintain Dental hygiene.
- Avoid wearing heels.
- Do not lift too much of heavy weight.
- Avoid slipping on wet floors.
- Avoid personal (intimate) contact in first three months.
- Take good (healthy) diet. Keep on eating every two hours in first trimester (taking into count calories).
- Take at least 5 fruits / day.
- Do not think too much of weight gain (7 -8 kgs is sufficient).
- Try to sleep on left side.
- Avoid caffeeine.
- Avoid too much of exercise.
- Avoid Alcohal, Smoking.
- Little work – out is necessary.
- Get your vaccination of Tetanus done.
- TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU OBSERVE :-
- Sudden vaginal discharge of blood.
- Sudden increase in foetal movements.
- Sudden pain in abdomen.
- Burning in urine.