Self care with homeopathy during pregnancy could be rewarding. A correctly chosen homeopathic medicine can work efficiently to relieve discomfort and help the body to heal itself without any side effects.
Pregnancy is an interesting and absorbing time for most women and can also involve a great deal of stress. Many emotional, hormonal and physical changes take place as baby grows inside the womb.
Homeopathy during pregnancy is safe for your growing baby because only a minute amount of medicine is used in preparation of medicines.
Homeopathy is safe even before conception, during pregnancy and even during breast feeding.
Common Ailments during pregnancy and its treatment:
- Morning Sickness – Colchicum, Sepia, Symphoric Carpus Pacemosa.
- Vomitting – Ipecac, Nux Vomica
- Constipation -Nux Vomica
- Cough – Chamomilla,Causticum/ Conium
- Backache – Kai carb, Aesculus
- Piles – Hamamelis 30, Aesculus
During Labour –
1.Caulophyllum200 for difficult labour where cervix is slow to dilate and pains are strong but ineffective.
2.Pulsatilla – where contactions are irregular and weak, cervix is slow to dilate. Puls 1M is effective in inducing labour.
3. Gelsemium – Rigid os
4. Post Partum Hmg – Arnica 200
But, one should always consult your physician before taking any medicines.
DO’S AND DONT’S DURING PREGNANCY:-
- Take folic acid daily dose at least 3 months prior to conception.
- Once you conceive, talk to your doctor.
- Have your first ultrasound for foetal well being done (6-8 weeks) followed by blood tests.
- You should know your blood group (both partners).
- Nausea and vomitting are common during first three months.
- Avoid travelling in 1st and 3rd trimester.
- Middle trimester is safe for travelling especially on Railway route.
- Maintain Dental hygiene.
- Avoid wearing heels.
- Do not lift too much of heavy weight.
- Avoid slipping on wet floors.
- Avoid personal (intimate) contact in first three months.
- Take good (healthy) diet. Keep on eating every two hours in first trimester (taking into count calories).
- Take at least 5 fruits / day.
- Do not think too much of weight gain (7 -8 kgs is sufficient).
- Try to sleep on left side.
- Avoid caffeeine.
- Avoid too much of exercise.
- Avoid Alcohal, Smoking.
- Little work – out is necessary.
- Get your vaccination of Tetanus done.
- TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY IF YOU OBSERVE :-
- Sudden vaginal discharge of blood.
- Sudden increase in foetal movements.
- Sudden pain in abdomen.
- Burning in urine.