FOODS TO AVOID FROM YOUR DIET –
- Limit sugar intake.
- Avoid sweets.
- Avoid sugary drinks like cold drinks, canned juices.
- Limit fatty food, canned food, frozen food.
- Avoid pickles.
- Reduce caffeine intake – Tea, Coffee and Colas.
- Reduce oil consumption – change your cooking oil every 3 months or better to use mustard oil for cooking.
- Alcohol and smoking should be restricted.
- Avoid self medication.
CHECK B.P. REGULARLY
FOODS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR DIET –
- Eat fibre rich foods-eat lots of salads, oats.
- Eat fruits – Kiwi, Watermelon, Bananas, Oranges, Pomegranates, Beetroot.
- Include methi seeds, chia seeds in your diet.
- Loose weight – Check BMI and manage weight accordingly especially around waistline.
- Exercise regularly atleast 30 minutes per day.
- Maintain B.P. regularly.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle if there is history of B.P. and Dyslipidemia in your family.
- Visit your doctor regularly.